- This event has passed.
Iron Sight 100
May 22 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
It is not rare to have in our collection of rifles a historic piece from old times, such as the famous M1 Garand (or M1 Carbine), the respected Springfield 1903, the still in use Enfield SMLE, Mauser in several versions, the widely used Russian AK47 (or Chinese SKS), the AR15 since Vietnam, and all other similar pieces. One is guilty of appreciating these military tools with historical significance, but rarely we have the pleasure to fire them.
One will have the rare opportunity to shoot 50 rounds from a historic rifle MAY 22nd.
TFC is offering to the owners of such rifles a seldom happening occasion when one can enjoy to do what the rifle was supposed to do.
- The event consists of 5 stages and 4 positions (Standing, Kneeling, Sitting, Prone). Each stage fires 10 rounds in slow fire.
- Only iron sight is used.
- Targets are at 100 yards, simulating 200, 300, and 600 yards. The bullseye is 6”.
- First shot at 9:00 a.m. until finished.
- Cost to competitor is $10 (Member’s Guest is $20.00)
The following is a recommended list of things to bring for the match.
You may add those items that you think you will need.
- Rifle with iron sights only and sling (optional).
- 50 rounds for score.
- Magazine fast loader.
- Empty chamber flag.
- Ear and eye protection; cap or hat.
- Optional mat to lie/sit/kneel on the ground.
- Pen or pencil to score your shots.
- There is no water, food, ammo at the range.
- Enthusiastic, positive, sparkling sportsmanship.
In case of queries email me at AR15AmericanMatch@yahoo.com