AR15 American Rifle match – Combo Line
August 14 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
The AR15 rifle style is owned by millions of Americans. This competition is designed for shooters of all skill levels.
Its purpose is to increase familiarity with the rifle, its safe handling, and the resolving of failures when they happen.
Importantly, to improve marksmanship, not from a steady bench and a deliberately slow fire which is the usual way targets are hit, but from different, dynamic stages more like ones used in real life.
The program for the ARAR match is as follows:
- Calendar of the ARAR for 2022 is:
- The competition consists of 8 stages, 4 positions, and 72 rounds fired.
- Any type of sight is permitted: iron, optics no magnification, and optics with magnification.
- The targets are at distances of 100, 50, 25, and 7 yards.
- First shot at 9:00 a.m. until finished.
- The initial stage will be at 100 yards. Competitors then move to 50, 25, and 7 yards, always using targets in the combination range.
- The bullseye is a 6” hexagon at all distances.
- Cost to competitor is $10 (Non-member’s fee is $20.00)
- There is no water, food, or ammo at the range.
Suggested equipment for the match
The following is a recommended list of things to bring for the match.
You may add those items that you think you will need.
- AR style rifle with tactical sling (optional) to carry the gun hanging from your shoulder.
- 72 rounds for score (more JIC).
- 5 magazines of 10 rounds each (but you can manage with only 2 magazines).
- Empty chamber flag.
- Ear and eye protection; cap or hat.
- Pockets or handbag to carry ammo + magazines + spent brass + …
- Optional mat to lie/sit/kneel on the ground.
- Pen or pencil to score your shots.
- There is no water, food, ammo at the range.
- Enthusiastic, positive, sparkling sportsmanship.
For queries email